How to take your synthetic wig from gross to great!
This isn’t a new method at all, but instead my results using this tutorial.
While the before shot is pretty terrible photo quality to begin with, you can see the wig is basically a ratty, gross-looking mess.
- Find a tank or bucket and empty a capful of fabric softener into it (more softener if your wig is longer).
- Add enough water to submerge the wig, and make sure to flip it inside out before you put it in the water. Swish it around to make sure it’s saturated, and then let it soak for a few days. I left mine is for a little over two days, but I would suggest leaving it in closer for the five days the original tutorial suggests.
- Lay the wig out on a towel to dry. I didn’t wash out the fabric softener, and when it was damp instead of dripping, I put it on a wig stand.
- After it’s completely dry, brush through it with a wig brush, or at least a brush with wire teeth. Plastic teeth will create static and no one wants that.
- If you need a wig brush, try checking out beauty stores. Failing that, you can usually find wire brushes at pet stores, and they work as well as any wig brush.
- Spray lightly with dry shampoo or sprinkle with talcum powder. Brush your wig again after a few minutes to help disperse the powder and keep your wig from looking chalky. You may experience a small amount of shedding during the brushing process, but it shouldn’t be anything too severe.
And there you have it!
Mareep Shepardess Gijinka from Pokemon! This dress was so fun and fluffy to wear!
Cosplay whoever you want and don’t let some asshole critize you because of dumb reasons!
Sewing Lycra / Spandex / Elastine by Sewing Parts Online
View the full tutorial here:
#spendex #elastic #theevilsofallevils #sewing
I think this is my favourite photo back from AN so far! Photo thanks to Amaleigh photography
Character: Yamato Maihime from Shugo Chara
Check out my fb page as well! https://www.facebook.com/KimmiChiCosplay
#cute #plusizecosplay #shugochara #cosplay
I was #productive tonight…. the front facing of the vest is mostly finished #WIP #cosplay #femalebilbo #wipcosplay #plussizecosplay
Fabric flowers are finished and dry for #femalebilbo #thehobbit. They look like they were made from metal by #dwarves